You must have realized that paving with asphalt in Victoria can provide your home with many benefits. There is something appealing about a nice looking curb that asphalt can create to give your property an extra boost when it comes to aesthetic sense. You have to look for excellent paving and asphalt pavement maintenance tips to keep your driveway looking at its best longer and all the time. Asphalt can be weaker than concrete but it is a better choice if you are living in Victoria where cold months are always expected. Asphalt may not last long like cement but you can do something to keep it in top shape all the time. Some of these things can be done on your own while some may require the expertise of professional paving companies for excellent output. Take note of these tips to make your driveway stay best looking all year round.
- Make sure that you apply seal coat after the asphalt pavement is all dried up. This can lengthen the lifespan of your asphalt driveway. This means you will not be dealing with cracks sooner.
- Watch out for cracks that are larger than 1/8 inch. You can blow the crack with an air compressor and seal it as soon as possible before the crack grows even larger. You can purchase asphalt crack sealer from your favorite home improvement or hardware to seal the cracks. Apply the sealer on either sides of the crack to ensure that it is completely covered.
- Remove oil, grease and dirt spots on the pavement with grease cleaner as soon as you can. These fluids can weaken the asphalt bond and later on give way to more pits, holes and cracks. Keep large rocks or stone debris away from your driveway, too. These items can cause damage on the surface once it is pressed on your pavement. Keep in mind that asphalt is a very flexible material and can bend easily.
- Request for a professional to patch the hole if it is large. These can be due to huge broken pavement or large cracks from heavy vehicles. Asphalt can get damaged faster if cracks are left unattended for a long time.
- Hire a contractor that can review the condition of your asphalt driveway. This preventive maintenance strategy can enable you to make precautionary solutions that can resolve any impending damage on the surface of the driveway. This will enable you to save a lot on future repairs in case you were not able to detect the damage ahead, too.